We are Untitled Kingdom, a Software Development Studio headquartered in the heart of Cracow. With 10 years of experience, we're much more than a default software company.
Our self-organised and quality-focused teams of savvies provide software development, product strategy, design, app optimisation and beyond. With this approach, we build award-winning digital products covered by Forbes, TechCrunch or FastCompany. People who contact us with their product ideas are our partners - we consider them a part of our team, working together with a spirit of equality.
We would like to invite you to meet us and join our team as a:
Because we care about excellent quality, you can expect extensive use of TDD / BDD, regular code review, and a pair mouth session. You will work mainly in greenfield projects, always using the latest technologies. In our company, we adapt technology to the needs of the project, so you will certainly have the opportunity to learn about new programming languages and their libraries. We value the opinion of all team members, so apart from creating the code, you can confidently advise clients and the team on possible solutions and improvements. Ruby on Rails is the main tool for creating backend and API for web and mobile applications, and we use React for the frontend.
What we expect from you:
- At least 2 years of experience in developing web applications using Ruby / RoR - commercial or in a private project.
- Ability to work with PostgreSQL, Redis
- Knowledge of TDD / BDD issues and the ability to work with the Git version control system.
- Big motivation to expand knowledge and acquire new skills.
- Ingenuity, openness and the ability to take the initiative.
Nice to have:
- Experience in working with Heroku, AWS, Stripe, IBM Watson, Algolia etc
- Knowledge of concepts such as GraphQL, REST, SOLID, DDD.
- Contribution to open source projects and presence in the programming community.
- Ability to work in modern JS (React / MobX / ES6 / Webpack or related).
- Agile/Lean mindset - it’s the basis of our working methodology, so we’d like to make sure we’ll get along.
- Proactive approach - We want you to be a person, that a team member or client can turn to, when in doubt.
- Communication and interpersonal skills. They ensure smooth information flow and cozy working atmosphere.
- English language. This offer is in English for some reason (B2/C1 level, more or less).
- Resourceful mind. We’re a team of problem solvers. Need it? Do it. Search for it. Discuss it. Challenges rarely get solved by just waiting them over.
- Ambitious attitude - Be a no-ego doer. We’re not scared of constructive feedback, communicate transparently and play with open cards. That’s why we learn fast and grow our experience as a team.
- 4000 - 10000 PLN net + VAT
- B2B contract with paid leave (20 days), maternity leave and the possibility of working remotely (3 days a month)
- Equipped kitchen, snacks and drinks
- Edu Lunches and team budget for education, equipment, and entertainment
- Regular integration trips
- Work in our office at Factory Park (Przemysłowa St.)
- Participation in interesting foreign projects